Sunday, September 3, 2017

Sunday YouTube Roundup - September 3, 2017

Crap, it's been way too long since I did one of these.

I'll try to be better, but no promises. Another reason to go to Denmark, although I want to ask the source for the narrator's assertion that the Vikings were "welcoming outsiders who wanted to be part of their faith." As if they were some hippy-dippy commune. Unless he's counting slaves bought at the market at Birka.


I will just leave this here, but it's effing cool.



A nice recap of the Norse afterlife (and he's spot on about the multiplicity of potential afterlife destinations), although I might quibble about some of the specifics.


And finally, a Finnish Runo-Song (!) which is apparently a traditional Finnish style of folk music. I need to know more about the origin of the name of this style of song.

No comments:

Post a Comment