Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Political Endorsement

In keeping with the fact that today is Pulpit Freedom Sunday, and I am a goði  (Heathen priest of the Norse Gods), I hereby make the following political endorsement.

If you live in Georgia's 10th Congressional district, you should vote for whomever is running against Congressman Paul Broun (R-GA). I don't know who that is, and I decline to make the simple Google search to figure out the name. You can do that, I'm sure. The name of his opponent is irrelevant. You should vote for my cat before voting for this moron.

If someone who claims to represent many thousands of Americans in the United States Congress can actually say "All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. And it's lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior." they need to be kept away from the levers of power.

Even worse, this know-nothing ignoramus, this scientifically illiterate cretin, is actually a member of the House Committee on Science and Technology, and he needs to be removed with absolutely no delay. He should have nothing to do with policy decisions regarding biotechnology, space policy, etc.

I'm a conservative/libertarian and I'm a registered Republican (in the state of New Jersey). And I think that statement renders Congressman Broun incapable of making informed decisions that are in accord with reality, especially when they revolve around scientific issues. Toss him out. I beg you.

No comments:

Post a Comment