Saturday, September 8, 2012

My Favorite Season

Autumn is my favorite time of year, hands down.

The leaves are turning, the air is getting crisp, my wife and daughter are back in school and out from under foot... Plus Fall leads up to my flat-out favorite holiday; Halloween, so I get to decorate the house and add to our store of props and decorations. Soon the television will be filled with wonderful old horror movies, and baseball will finally be off the air for the season.

Plus even though October is usually packed with activities around my house (my wife has her Samhain stuff, I've got Winternights, and we all have Halloween) it's mercifully without the hectic rushing around that accompanies the Christmas/Yule season. I don't have a free weekend for the whole month of October, but I don't mind a bit.

For some reason I feel more focused in Autumn. I'm more productive and creative. This is the time I generally start new major undertakings. For the next couple of months, I plan on being inordinately pleased with myself, for no other reason than it's Fall.

(Yeah, I know that astronomically Autumn doesn't start until September 22, but my Heathen ancestors based their calendrical perceptions on observed effects, and those effects around here tell me it's Autumn already.)

No comments:

Post a Comment