Thursday, June 16, 2011

Goings-on at the Pagan Picnic

Well, it's pretty much official now.

I'm going to be doing a class on runes at this year's Pagan Picnic, now in its 14th year and put on by Hands of Change Coven. I've gone many times in the past, and while the rituals can be somewhat iffy (depending on who's doing them), the day itself is pretty nice, hanging out with several hundred pagans of many different stripes.

In addition, I volunteered to do the closing ritual. All by myself. Yikes!

In years gone past, the closing ritual has suffered from the problem that, well, it happens at the end of the day. People are tired, grubby, and want to get the hell out of Dodge. The closing rituals are, unfortunately, usually somewhat lengthy, and given what I just said, tedious, with folks drifting out and heading for their cars as the ritual wears on.

I can comfortably say that my ritual will be succinct. I hope I can make it moving into the bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment