- I suck at kubb, and shall practice to reduce my level of sucking.
- I suck at hammer throwing, but at least I didn't toss it the shortest distance, so I don't feel completely inadequate.
- The wedding was the highlight of the weekend as far as I'm concerned. The ceremony itself was notable because it was a "real" wedding, with non-pagan family present (a lot of them), bridesmaids that looked like bridesmaids, a bride with a real wedding dress, etc. The reception was an amazing time, the play was incredible (and gave me plenty of ideas for my own series of ritual dramas which have been in the works for some time), and the live band was a knockout. Top notch all the way.
- Seven pitchers of beer plus at least a bottle of mead is perhaps just a smidgen too much, even for me.
- Omens are important, and need to be heeded.
Monday, August 31, 2009
East Coast Thing
So now that I'm back from East Coast Thing, I have a couple of observations.